Saturday, June 5, 2010

Carly's Corn Meal Cookies


While thinking of things to do with my niece today, I had a sudden hankering for corn meal cookies. I can't remember the last time I even had one of these things, but once it hit me, I couldn't shake it. It was sweltering hot, so I can't fathom why the idea of cooking inside a kitchen was even entering my thoughts, but we both agreed on the idea and so, after searching mom's cook books and the vast internet we perfected our recipe...Let's just say all two dozen of the little round morsels didn't even last 24 hours.

What you need:
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Corn Meal
1 1/2 sticks (12 Tablespoons) Butter
3/4 Cups Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla

What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ
2. In medium bowl combine flour and corn meal
3. In separate bowl beat the butter and sugar together until thoroughly mixed together. Add the egg and vanilla, beat until smooth
4. Slowly add in the dry mixture, mixing until ingredients are fully combined. (careful not to over mix!)
5. Use a spoon for sizing and roll into balls, then place on a baking sheet about 2" apart (parchment paper is recommended, but I ran out of it yesterday and was still able to remove the cookies from the sheet.) You can also flatten them out with your thumb, but personally I like seeing what forms they take on their own.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes and immediately transfer to cooling racks.

Enjoy with a glass of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment